Social TV tools show how Twitter can amplify the power of television We help broadcasters, agencies and advertisers understand how audiences engage with TV programmes on Twitter.
To do this we have developed the official industry metric, the Kantar Twitter TV Ratings, in conjunction with Twitter.
The real-time, quick and conversational nature of Twitter draws a phenomenal number of TV viewers in order to interact with a community of other fans, and this situation is being found around the world. Over 4 million Tweets were sent in Brazil during the broadcast of the Rio Olympics Opening Ceremony, and Tweets about the premiere of Sherlockseason four in the UK created a huge 3.4 million total impressions. The symbiotic relationship between Twitter and TV can be harnessed to increase audience engagement and targeting capabilities.
Kantar Twitter TV Ratings enable broadcasters to keep track of the conversations around their programmes and competing programmes, to help maximise audience engagement. They help agencies and advertisers make better planning and buying decisions to reach socially engaged viewers for stronger campaigns. The service is now live in the UK, Spain, the Philippines, Turkey, Brazil, Argentina and Colombia, with more markets due to launch soon.
We track conversations on Twitter 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to give a complete picture of social TV engagement including the buzz leading up to a show, activity around time-shifted and on demand viewing and insight into how long people continue to Tweet about a programme once it’s finished.
how do you plan and track social TV strategies effectively?
The Kantar Twitter TV ratings
Understanding engagement Broadcasters and agencies can use the Kantar Twitter TV Ratings to analyse the relationship between social media and TV, showing:
• Gender: see the gender split of people Tweeting about a programme
• Age: see age band data of unique authors Tweeting about a programme
• Overlay: TV viewing data over minute by minute social TV data, bringing two extremely valuable datasets together
• Live Leaderboard: view top Tweeted programmes in real time
• Brand affinity: understand the brands that people Tweeting about a show, channel or series have an affinity with
• Sentiment: dive into the underlying emotions behind Tweets about TV programmes
• Subscriber services: tracking of content within Amazon Prime and Netflix services is available in the UK, and due to launch in additional markets in the coming months.
• Media format: filter Tweets to see those that contain various media format types, including videos, photos, GIFs or URLs.
• Benchmarking: see how an episode is performing in relation to the rest of the series and competing series
• Characters: the personalities, actors and athletes that are driving conversation
• Totals: complete figures for audience, impressions, Tweets and authors which can then be filtered for further analysis
Kantar Twitter TV Ratings are accessed by our social TV dashboard, Instar Social, which provides easy and intuitive access to the data, with clear visualisations and options to personalise your display, showing you how Twitter amplifies the power of television.
Maximise engagement on Twitter around sport broadcasts
Kantar Twitter TV Ratings: Sports allows sporting organisations and brands to unlock the value of social TV engagement by providing comprehensive measurement of activity on Twitter about sport broadcasts, globally. Our partnership with Twitter enables us to provide accurate impressions data, geo-filtered Tweets and demographic metrics, as well as deeper insights for the top 30 countries by Twitter volume. Click here to learn more.