The Chinese social media landscape is thriving behind the so-called great firewall, but it is a quite different landscape than what one will find in the West. While there is no Twitter or Facebook or YouTube, China has a wide variety of other social media properties competing for netizen engagement in both similar and very different ways.
With a global mindset and local vision, CIC, China's first and leading provider of Internet intelligence and insights based on IWOM (Internet Word of Mouth) is launching a series of industry and topic overview reports (go directly to 2010 CIC Syndicated Reports) to help marketers make sense of Chinese social media and IWOM as growing and essential elements in the marketing mix across different industries.
Supported by CIC’s proprietary social media analytics and insight, the reports provide the local China intelligence that can drive communications strategy and execution.
The understanding of social media provided in these reports can support the following objectives:
- RESEARCH: Obtain consumer and business intelligence
- IDEATION: Leverage the net slang and unique content generated around of specific industries
- MEDIA PLANNING: Learn which social media properties are most relevant to your brand
- EXECUTION: Determine impact of communication initiatives
- ENGAGEMENT: Know which sites and which individuals shape relevant conversations
- REPUTATION: Measure your online brand equity
IWOM Insight Offerings:
- Category Overview: A comprehensive handbook for you to gain access to the consumer insight and digital intelligence on specific category Internet Word of Mouth (IWOM) in China. The new 2010 reports also provides analysis of current hot topics, data trends, and case studies based on the past year. (Skin care, Laptop, Automobile, Mobile phone, Hair care will be your options of subscription during Q2)
- Topic Overview: A review of IWOM trends around a specific topic, offering insights about Chinese consumers,the digital/social context that they participate in and influencing factors. (Social Networking Site (SNS) Topic Overview report, and Luxury Topic Overview report will be available during Q2)
- Trend Watch: A monthly trend guide making sense of hottest buzz, unique online culture; as well as dissecting case studies of online marketing campaigns seen in the past month
* View all teaser and share opinions on CIC Slideshare
* To learn about CIC White papers, eNewsletter and other IWOM knowledge, pleaes visit IWOM back story